This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through that link, I will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks in advance for your continued support!
I think I was so inspired to start this blog because of all the wonderful blogs I read. Honestly, I read A LOT of blogs…and they’re about a variety of topics: traveling, fashion, baking, politics, etc. One of my favorite travel blogs is called “40 Before 30.”It is about a woman who wants to visit 40 countries before she turns 30. So I’ve made it my mission to visit 30 countries before 30!
40 countries seemed a bit ambitious for myself but it inspired me to write down where I’ve visited and where I want to go before I turn 30 (although, I’m already halfway to 40 countries!). There is something that is absolutely wonderful and exhilarating about writing down goals and things I want to do. It seems to give me purpose and drive in my life. I’m such a list maker and this current list I’m calling “30 Countries Before 30”
- Canada – Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland & Labrador, Quebec, Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, British Columbia (honestly, I’ve probably been to even more provinces but can’t remember!)
- United States (duh!) – I’ve been to all 48 continental states (just need to visit Hawaii and Alaska)
- Austria – Innsbruck
- Croatia – Zagreb, Pula, Opatija
- France – Paris, Normandy Region (Honfleur, Caen, Bayeux, Gold Beach, Omaha Beach, Point du Hoc), Nice
- Germany – Heidelberg, Tuebingen, Frankfurt, Berlin (4 times), Munich, Dresden, Stuttgart, Bonn, Cologne, Essen, Dusseldorf, Dortmund, Potsdam, Mainz, Wiesbaden, Dachau, Schloss Neuschwanstein, Ulm (honestly, the list goes on and on!)
- Ireland – Dublin, Dun Laoghaire, Dalkey
- Italy – Genoa, Pisa, Cinque Terra, Florence, Rome, Naples, Venice, Bellagio, Lake Como, Ischia
- Luxembourg – Luxembourg City
- Monaco – the entire city!
- Portugal – Lisbon
- Slovenia – Julian Alps, Kranjska Gora
- Spain – Barcelona, Montserrat (monastery)
- Sweden – Stockholm, islands surround Stockholm, Vasteras, Nykoping
- Switzerland – Chur, Interlaken
- United Kingdom – London (and all surrounding areas), Edinburgh (Scotland is almost like its own country! haha), Oxford, Cambridge
- Vatican – I saw the Pope!
After visiting Portugal in a few months, I’ll have been to 20 countries (which isn’t bad for someone who is only 22 years old!). Here are the 10 countries I want to visit in the next 8 years. I’m optimistic that I’ll be able to easily accomplish that (and hopefully 10 more after that make it “40 Before 30”!)
Places I want to visit before 30:
- Australia – Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide
- Czech Republic – Prague
- Denmark – Copenhagen
- Greece – Athens
- Hungary – Budapest, Debrecen
- Iceland – Reykjavik
- Israel – Bethlehem, Jerusalem, Tel Aviv
- Jordan – Amman
- Norway – Oslo
- Poland – Warsaw, Krakow
- Turkey – Istanbul
** OK, so maybe this list is 31 countries by 30 because it was too hard to narrow down my list! Also, I feel like crossing the Atlantic Ocean on an ocean liner has to count for something…half a country? That took 8 days!
I might be being overly optimistic, but hopefully I’ll be able to accomplish this before I leave Germany in April/May of 2015! Well, as my Dad said the other day, I don’t need a job…I need a trust fund! Currently taking donations!